Support lifesaving care and win big!
5,000 tickets are available for purchase | $3 per ticket with maximum $7,500 prize
Draws take place every second Monday between
September 12, 2016 to August 28, 2017
at the Heart Institute (40 Ruskin St., Ottawa, ON K1Y 4W7)
All proceeds will go to the Heart Institute’s equipment, research and programs.
Open to all employees and volunteers of the Heart Institute and Ottawa Heart Institute Research Corporation
1. Any full-time, part-time and retired employees, contractors, volunteers, directors and officers of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute and the Ottawa Heart Institute Research Corporation, whom are 18 years of age or older are eligible to purchase tickets for the University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation’s Merry Monday Lottery (“Lottery”).
2. The Lottery is authorized and licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (License #8248).
3. Lottery proceeds are for the sole purpose of raising funds for the Life Support Services Capital Project.
4. The Lottery will run from September 12, 2016 to August 28, 2017. One ticket will be drawn every other Monday at 10:00 a.m. (“Draw”) at the Foundation office, located at 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, ON. Should the Foundation office be closed on Monday, the Draw will take place the following business day at 10:00 a.m.
5. By purchasing Lottery ticket(s), ticketholders are bound by the Rules and Regulations set forth herein.
6. A maximum of 5,000 tickets will be printed and sold for each bi-weekly Draw. All Lottery tickets purchased to date during the Lottery, including past winners, will be entered into each Draw.
7. The Foundation will not issue tax receipts for Lottery tickets purchased. There is no limit on the number of tickets an individual may purchase. After a ticket is drawn and the winner is notified, the ticket will be returned to the drum to be eligible for future Draws.
8. The winner is the individual whose ticket is drawn. The winner will be notified by phone. The winner’s name and ticket number will be published online on the Heart Hub intranet site and the Foundation’s external website; posted on University of Ottawa Heart Institute information boards; and announced on the Lottery line 613-696-7000 ext 15050. The winner must present one piece of photo identification to claim his or her Draw prize at the Foundation office.
9. Group purchases are permitted so long as only one individual’s name appears on the Lottery ticket. The prize will be issued to the individual named on the ticket and the group purchasers must coordinate distribution of the prize monies amongst themselves. The Foundation will play no role in settling any disputes with respect to distribution of prize monies.
10. Proceeds from tickets purchased for each Draw will be split between the Foundation (50%) and the winner (50%). The prize amount will vary by the number of tickets sold for each Draw, with a maximum amount of $7,500 (tax free) for the winner. Net proceeds received for all Draws will go towards the University of Ottawa Heart Institute’s Life Support Capital Project.
11. Tickets must be paid in full prior to the Draw date. It is the ticketholder’s responsibility to ensure payment is made. The Foundation will not extend credit for any Lottery ticket for any reason.
12. Participants may withdraw from the Lottery by providing written notice to the Foundation at email@example.com or University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation, 40 Ruskin Street, H-2408, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 4W7. Enrollments and cancellations must be received by the Foundation at least seven (7) days (for OHIRC payroll) or fourteen (14) days (for TOH payroll) prior to the applicable Draw.
13. The Foundation does not have access to the personal information of any ticketholders. It is the ticketholder’s responsibility to advise the Foundation of any changes to their contact information. The Foundation is not responsible for any failure to notify a winner so long as the Foundation calls the winner at the phone number provided. It is the winner’s responsibility to update his or her contact information, as applicable, and to check the online, physical, and audio updates on Draw winners.
14. Any prizes that remain unclaimed for twelve (12) months following the final Draw will be retained by the Foundation.
15. The Foundation’s Board of Directors is the final arbiter in disputes related to any Draw.