13+ month full-time contract position (with possibility of extension), beginning August 8, 2017.
University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa
University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation (UOHIF)
The Heart Institute Foundation raises awareness for the world-class work being done at the Heart Institute while also raising the funds critical to funding patient care, education, and research priorities. It is the mission and vision of the Heart Institute that determine the areas of impact for the generous support received from the community. Our new building and equipment, along with extraordinary patient care, research, and innovative programs, will enhance our reputation as a Cardiac Centre of Excellence. Community support through attendance and support of our signature events and through the coordination and championship of third-party community events are key to our overall success.
We are seeking a highly organized Events Coordinator to join the UOHIF team on a full-time, one year contract position with the possibility of extension. The Events Coordinator is an important part of all community engagement and fundraising initiatives.
The successful candidate will support the Foundation’s goals and objectives and be responsible for support, execution, and assist with coordination, recruitment, and administration of Foundation Signature, Community, and Corporate/Institute events. The Coordinator will communicate with event committees, third-party event organizers, suppliers, participants, sponsors, and more.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the UOHIF Events Team during planning and execution phases of the Foundation’s Signature events (Golf Tournaments, Capital Oktoberfest, Hearts in Motion, Heart Month)
- Assist with Signature Event logistics
- Communicate with volunteers to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear
- Maintain volunteer database for Community Events
- Log all Community Event and Signature Events information in Raiser’s Edge (prize donors, event participants, corporate sponsors and foursomes, thank you letters, invoices)
- Assist with support and participant recruitment (Heart Month businesses, Hearts In Motion participants, volunteers, etc)
- Coordinate Signature Event silent auctions and websites using database software – Auctria
- Ensure all event participants are registered, all auction items are logged in Auctria, all relevant event signage is prepared (bid sheets and description sheets)
- Responsible for silent auction, prize and in-kind donation solicitations for each Signature Event
- Must be available for all Signature/Host events: Red Dress, Fuller Keon, Capital Oktoberfest, Grey Cup, Hearts in Motion, Donor Impact Events and February Is Heart Month. May be required to attend Community Events on an as needed basis
- Assist with meeting agenda and deliverables, meeting minutes
- Participates as UOHIF representative at community led events as required
- Coordinates/supports and delivers successful UOHIF fundraising events and activities
- Responsible for pre-event, event set-up, registration, logistics, post event clean-ups and stewardship, as required by individual events
- Ensures accurate and timely records are kept utilizing the foundation’s database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Maintains UOHIF website, including third party event section
- Provides day to day administrative support to Events and Foundation Team members
- Work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of the UOHIF
- Ensure a work environment that is conductive to the Heart Institute’s Respectful Workplace policy
- Other duties as assigned in support of the UOHIF’s Events.
- Post-secondary education – emphasis on administration, project and/or events management program preferred
- One to three years of recent and related experience in administration, project and/or event management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- A demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work under pressure of time constraints
- A proven ability to work independently with the flexibility to take on a wide variety of assigned duties and projects
- Strong verbal and written skills, including accuracy, proofreading, and ability to write clear communications materials for public distribution
- Excellent word-processing, presentation, and spreadsheet skills (ideally Microsoft Office) and a good understanding of computer applications
- Experience with fund raising data base, particularly Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasional evenings and weekends to accommodate event schedules
- All applicants must provide a recent resume that clearly indicates how they meet the required qualifications
- Applications for this position will be accepted until June 20, 2017
- Forward resume, cover letter, and any supporting documents to Mary Sue Evans (Mevans@ottawaheart.ca) prior to June 20, 2017. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute is a bilingual organization. Bilingualism will be considered an asset.
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in a career with us; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
- All new hires will be required to obtain a Criminal Records Check as a pre-condition of employment