Support lifesaving care and win big!
2,500 tickets are available for purchase | $3 per ticket with maximum $3,750 prize
2018/2019 draws take place every second Monday between
September 10, 2018 and August 26, 2019
at the Heart Institute (40 Ruskin St., Ottawa, ON K1Y 4W7)
Net proceeds received from all draws will go towards equipment purchases for the University of Ottawa Heart Institute’s Life Support Capital Project.
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation’s 50/50 draw (“Lottery”) is open to all full-time, part-time, retired employees, contract employees, volunteers/patient alumni and directors and officer of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute (“Heart Institute”) and the Ottawa Heart Institute Research Corporation (“OHIRC”). Participants must be 18 years or older.
University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation
Merry Monday Lottery Rules and Regulations
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation’s 50/50 draw (“Lottery”) is open to all full-time, part-time, retired employees, contract employees, volunteers/patient alumni and directors and officer of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute (“Heart Institute”) and the Ottawa Heart Institute Research Corporation (“OHIRC”). Participants must be 18 years or older.
- The Lottery is authorized and licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”) License #9972.
- The Board of Directors of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation (“Foundation”) has approved the Lottery for the purpose of raising funds for equipment for the Life Support Capital Project.
- The Lottery will run from September 10, 2018 to August 26, 2019. One ticket will be drawn biweekly, every other Monday, at 10:00 a.m. (“Draw”) at the Foundation office, located at Room H 2408, 40 Ruskin Street. Should the Foundation office be closed on Monday, the draw will take place on the following business day at 10:00 a.m.
- By purchasing Lottery ticket(s), participants are bound by the Rules and Regulations set forth herein.
- A maximum of 2, 500 tickets will be printed and sold for each bi-weekly draw. All Lottery tickets sold will be entered into each draw. Any ticket drawn as a winner will be returned to the drum to be eligible for all remaining draws.
- The Foundation will not issue a tax receipt for the Lottery ticket(s) purchased.
- There is no limit on the number of tickets a participant may purchase.
- Group purchases are permitted so long as only one individual’s name appears on the Lottery ticket. The prize will be issued to the individual named on the ticket and the group purchasers must coordinate distribution of payment amongst themselves. The Foundation will play no role in settling any disputes with respect to distribution of prize monies.
- The winner is the person whose ticket is drawn. The winner will be notified by phone and their name and ticket number will be posted on the Heart Hub, the Foundation website, announced on the outbound message of the Merry Monday Lottery Line (613.696.7000 ext. 15050), and on certain information boards throughout the Heart Institute. The winner must present one piece of photo identification to claim their draw prize at the Foundation office.
- All participants using payroll deduction will be automatically renewed for the next license period.
- The prize amount will vary by the number of tickets sold for each draw, with a maximum amount of $3,750 (tax free) for the winner. Net proceeds received from all draws will go towards equipment purchases for the University of Ottawa Heart Institute’s Life Support Capital Project.
- Tickets must be fully paid prior to the draw date. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ensure the payment is made, and in particular should the ticket holder be on leave for any reason, payment methods other than payroll deduction must be arranged prior to any draw date to remain eligible. The Foundation will not extend credit for any lottery ticket for any reason.
- The Foundation does not have access to personal information of any staff member, physician or volunteer. It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to advise the Foundation of any changes of contact information (address, phone number, etc.). The Foundation does not take any responsibility for misdirected information due to unreported changes to personal information.
- Any draw prizes that remain unclaimed for six (6) months following the final draw must be donated to an eligible charity, which has been approved in advance by the AGCO.
- The Foundation’s Board Directors will be the final arbiter in disputes related to any draw.
- Participants may withdraw from the Lottery by providing written notice to the Foundation at email@example.com or to the University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation, Room H2408, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 4W7. Enrollments and cancellations must be received at least fourteen (14) days prior to the applicable draw.